The Dahlman House

Amberley Village, Ohio

Wright’s influence on Abrom Dombar is evident in his designs for the Dahlman house.

In the 1930s, brothers Abrom and Benjamin Dombar studied under Frank Lloyd Wright at the Taliesin Fellowship in Scottsdale, Arizona. Drawing inspiration from Wright’s concept of Organic Architecture, the brothers returned to Cincinnati and designed hundreds homes both together and independently. Wright’s influence on Abrom Dombar is evident in his designs for the Dahlman house which boasted sweeping planes and large spans of windows. At the time of its completion in 1952, Mr. and Mrs. Dahlman purchased various pieces to furnish their home, including works by George Nelson & Associates, Charles and Ray Eames and Hendrick Van Keppel and Taylor Green. The kitchen and bathroom were featured in period advertisements for Formica - one advertisement illustrating the home’s blush-colored kitchen also shows the Dahlman’s original dining set, offered here.

This selection of period furnishings has remained together in the home since they were purchased in the early 1950s.

The dining set illustrated in a Formica advertisement from 1953.

Lots from The Dahlman House