5 Things to Know
About Edmond J. Spence
1. Edmond J. Spence believed that good design should be accessible to everyone so created furniture from high-end to affordable price-points.
2. His American Modernism designs were heavily influenced and inspired by other cultures.
3. Many of Spence's commissions were from foreign royalty and celebrities.
4. His designs were exhibited at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York in the early 1950s.
5. His furniture was used for many years on the set of I Love Lucy.